What is your favorite summer style?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blue and white striped shorts done four ways!!

Hello!
I have a new addition to the blogging posts, one piece done in several different ways. In this tough economy you want your wardrobe to be wearable to many occasions and with a variety of pieces. I fell in love with these thinly striped blue and white shorts from Old Navy. They were about $25 but I was able to pair them with so many different options! I love how they have a nautical feel, are cleanly cut, and aren't to short that my booty is hanging out. I created four outfits with these shorts from what I found in my closet. *Please don't mind how horrid the photos are. I am not model skinny and my dad took the photos.*
These are the staple. My blue and white striped shorts from Old Navy. Cuffed at the bottom and super chic.

This is a day outfit, perfect for being able to bear the summer heat without your outfit having to suffer. I tucked in a white tank to keep the look clean and added a white belt to make it pop. I love the hat to keep the outfit casual and protect you from the sun. I paired it with nude wedges but flats are acceptable as well. Keep the jewelry simple, I have on my Tiffany necklace that I always wear.

This is perfect to dress up the shorts and to make it more polished. I added a white fitted t-shirt and a black blazer over it. This would be perfect to switch from a casual to polished outfit by just adding the blazer and heels. I have on wedges and a handblown glass bangle. Add a statement piece to edge up the outfit. 

For this piece I added a blue bandeau and a tight, button up cardigan. You can button up the cardigan so you're covered and make it more polished or undo a button to show off your tone stomach. You may want to button up if you're going in public but the unbutton version is a tad more scandalous.

This look can be casual or you can make it classy. I added a white button down and white heels. I tucked in just the front of the shirt to give it a more relaxed and slouchy feel. The half tucked in is perfect for more casual occasion and gives you the vibe of "I'm sexy without even trying". Tuck it in and add a pair of peep toes for a more classy look.
-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment