What is your favorite summer style?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Maxi Dresses!

Hi!
My latest obsession, the maxi dress. This style has been 'in' for awhile but they usually had more of a boho vibe, as seen being worn by Nichole Richie. While I was away I saw a lot of people using maxi's as bathing suit cover ups and it was tres cute. Enews had a style segment on today and they were using maxi dresses, I died. The slouchy beach cover up can be converted into a totally glam outfit for parties or just hanging with friends. The maxi is no longer boho, it is for every girl and style from the bright colors to bold prints.
This dress comes in yellow and coral pink (pictured) and goes for $69. I am loving the pop of color and it's the perfect pop of color. The strapless top shows off those toned and tan shoulders and the detail on the bust draws the attention up, always a plus! I love where the detail lays because it hits at the smallest point of your waist. Wear this with wedges and a statement necklace for night or tone it down as a bikini coverup with some sandals.


This dress comes in pink and blue print or a plain grey and goes for $59.99. I am in love with the blue print (pictured). I admit, I wasn't a fan at first since the underskirt ended so much higher but make it your own and cut it off if needed. Now I find it tres adorable! It is so simple and whimsical and perfect for every type of girl. Make it boho chic with gladiators and a pendent necklace. Girly with heels and a belt. Or rocker with some bangles and a studded belt. 
This dress from HM is $49.95. I love the simplicity of this dress and the black is classic. This dress has the va-va-voom with cleavage and the strapey open back. Your bearing it all on top but the dress is longer so your covered and still hot without being overly sexy. Wear with pumps and bangles for a date or wedges with statement earrings for girls night out.

This maxi goes for $139. I am in love with whites for summer especially since it highlights my tan skin! This dress looks oh so innocent but the lace adds that ounce of sexiness. I love how you're covered but the lace is see through so your skin is peeking through without revealing anything. Edge it up with some boots and a bangle/ belt or turn it boho with gladiators and a braided belt.

This dress goes for $94 and reminds me of a dress I saw on Rachel Zoe in one of her episodes. I love how dark this dress is in the black with the lace detail. The deep V gives you a shot of cleavage without bearing to much. Loving the billowy, mesh sleeves and how the dress moves in the pictures. Wear it with a black hat and wedges or turn it out with pumps and a statement piece of jewelry.

This Diane Von Furstenberg maxi is on sale for $339.50. This is an "I love" piece. I am loving the print and the colors. Another fav thing is the criss-crossed back and belt in the fabric. Wear these with wedges and cocktail ring/ bangles for a date or sandals for a day look with a floppy hat.

This Free people maxi goes for $108 and comes in navy, orange, and ivory. Personally, the ivory and navy are my favs! I love how simple the dress is with just the simplest of details on it. The lace detail along the edges isn't overwhelming and the crinkled tier gives it "I'm hot without trying" vibe. Edge it up with a belt and studded gladiators or make it more urban with lot's of jewelry (shown).

This Free People dress goes for $128 and reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. I am loving this maxi. It is simple with clean lines but totally sexy. The synched waist highlights the girls and the deep V (front and back) shows of some skin. This dress can be perfect for a picnic with wedges and cocktail ring or to party it up with some heels and statement earrings.


This Free People maxi goes for $198. Loving the print and the fact that it comes in three different colors! The halter look is hot and unexpected and the circle in the middle makes it sexy. This dress is defiantly bold so you'll need major attitude to work this piece! Keep your accessories minimal since this dress takes over and you want this to be your statement.

This Milly dress is an "I die" and a splurge as it goes for $495. This lemon color is perfect for summer and is a nice pop of color. I am loving the high slit on the leg to give it that sexy vibe and you get to show some skin. Another love is the ruffles which makes this outfit girly and sweet. Dress this up with heels or wear it for a weekend in the Hampton's with wedges and a sun hat.
Maxi dresses are the perfect go-to outfit, especially for summer! They aren't just a beach cover up, with the right accessories can be the perfect party dress. Maxi's can be worn by the edgy rocker girl, the preppy, boho chic, and even the classic beauties. My warning, not every maxi looks and be careful that they don't make you look boxy or to wide. Work those maki's and find the perfect accessories and shoes to complement your killer outfit!
-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment