What is your favorite summer style?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SAG Awards 2011

Here are my reviews for most of the SAG Award gowns. Sorry gents, only the ladies get reviews!
Natalie Portman- I would love this dress without the baby bump. I do love the dress though! I think she needs to wear a darker color with the bump being the winter season. Love the jewelry, $2million in Tiffany.
Mila Kunis- I love this Alexander McQueen dress!! I believe the runway version was without the belt and there was black on bottom instead of white. I like this version better especially with the white bottom. A+ J’adore!
Helena Bonham Carter- Hot mess alert! Sunglasses, 80’s do, and to many ruffley details. It’s just to much and I don’t like were the skirt is cut. Maybe if it was full black then you wouldn’t see all those unneeded details.
Hilary Swank- I love this! This Versace gown is to die for. I love the dress on her skin and her soft curls. I like the crystal pieces and rushing details. A+!
Nicole Kidman- Just no... The fabric looks like velvet with lace and a floral necklace. The necklace looks attached to the dress and is just to much. With the higher, detailed neckline there should just be some killer earrings or a cocktail rink. I think this dress could of looked good if you cut off the top and just left it wit the V-neck and lace back.
Amy Adams- I don’t love this color on her. I do like the dress especially the rushing details and the halter neck. I think the white washes her out. I do like the earrings though.
Melissa Leo- This is a no all over. You can’t show off the boobies and legs, it’s one or the other. You first look at the small cleavage dip but her boobs do not look good and the dress looks like she couldn't breath so she cut it. I don’t like the leg slit either with the seam going up from it. It draws attention to things that shouldn’t be shown. To add to it the sparkly fabric adds to the tacky.
Jennifer Lawrence- I like her outfit. I like the pop of color and the leg cleavage. I really love the dramatic sleeves and the three sleeves on the right side. I do like the matching belt and shoes. 
Hailee Steinfeld- She’s so fresh and young but this dress is dizzying! The horizontal lines in different sizes make it an optical illusion. I like that she went for the pop of color but I think she should of picked one pop color. I love the pink nails though!
Annette Bening- I like this dress a lot and it makes her body look amazing. I like the bedazzling on top. Not a fan of the red lips and hair though..
Barbara Hershey- No, just no. It looks like there is random spots on her dress or she spilled something on it. Maybe some bleach or paint?! 
Winona Ryder- She has boob spillage and her bag is clunky. The top of the dress is better than the bottom but overall it isn’t great. The bottom looks like scissors attacked it or the skirt was uneven and she tried to fix it but cut some pieces to short.
Kim Kardashian- I really liked this dress especially the top. I love the bedazzled details and the color on her. It has a Greek Goddess look and isn’t her usual skin tight ensemble. The only thing that brings this down is her messy hair.
Angie Harmon- I love the color of this dress!! This pink is amazing especially with her skin tone. I think those feathers were a tad much coming from her boobs but I still love this dress. The shape, the color, to die for!
Sofia Vergara- Her boobs look amazing in this! Her cleavage is out but her legs are covered and it’s very tasteful. She looks amazing in this blue. Plus she’s a beautiful lady. I like her diamond jewelry as well, accentuates the dress.
Julia Bowen- I love the mix up of a pantsuit! I love the jewels plus the crystals on top of the halter. The deep V and belt make it very sophisticated.
Angela Kinsey- I’m not sure of this dress. There is a lot of bedazzlement that I love but this reminds me of an ice dancing dress. I think I’d like it better if it was all done in crystals instead of it fading out to none.
Jenna Fischer- Boring! The color is drap and there’s no va-va-voom. Short sleeve, crew neck, and grey. 
Lea Michele- Amazing! This Oscar de la Renta gown is to die for. I love the color, the belt, and the shape. She looks hot and confident. A!
Jane Lynch- I can’t imagine her without her track suit.. Even still I don’t like this prom bomb. The tiered skirt, shiny fabric, and crystal on belt. it’s just a tad cheesy and Princess Prom dress.
Jayma Mays- I love this dress on her especially with her hair. The peach brings out her skin and her hair color. The detail on the sleeve brings a more glam to the dress but I love the draped skirt and rushed belt. Amazing!
Amber Riley- Props to her for not being a size 2 and looking confident in her body. I really like this dress on her and she knows the tricks to slim her down. The rushing and flower shoulder add to the dress. I find the mermaid skirt to be a tad much though especially with all the weight. It just adds weight down below. She does have a killer smile and brings it.
Dianna Agron- She’s such a pretty young girl but she added years with the hair and dark eyes. Plus the dress ends at such an odd spot, it’s confused whether it wants to be short or a gown. The bow doesn’t blend in and it makes you look to her midsection. Not a fan of the sparkly fabric with the bow fabric.
Heather Morris- She looks amazing!! I love the color on her and it brings her out. I love how the top has a lot going on but the bottom is simple. Plus the bedazzled belt is bananas on the dress! The jewelry brings out the dress and doesn’t overpower. A!
Mariska Hargitay- I don’t like this dress at all. I do like the color on her and the topaz earrings are cool with the dress. The dress has an extra person in the bottom. Not a fan.
Edie Falco- I’m not a fan of this dress either. The shoes look like sandals and I think she needed a cute pair of peep toe heels. The print is distracting since you can kind of see it but it isn’t prominent. I think with a more distinct print, a belt, and sexy shoes the look would be revamped.
Kyra Sedwick- A simple LBD. Very tasteful and classic. The diamonds were a nice touch. I think a statement necklace would do this LBD good and had flair.
Julianna Margulies- I like this dress but not a fan off the hair. I think loose waves would of made the look less severe. I’m not a fan of the piece of fabric going from the top of the cleavage down. I do like the color on her but the bag needs to be sparkly to add some drama.
Christine Baranski- Besides the fact that her face is botoxed up I like the color of the dress. I find that there is a to much fabric going on on top and emphasizes her right boob and the slit shows off the left. The top is just to disproportional for me.
January Jones- Oh no. I think she stole an ornate rug and turned it into a dress. The only plus to this dress is it makes it look super skinny.
Christina Hendricks- It looks more like a Hugh Hefner robe except in a more sparkly fabric with more leg and cleavage. The shoes even reminisce of open toe slipper, I want to see some caged heels! This is a dud and belongs in the bedroom.
Tina Fey- Has finally gotten off the worst dress! I’m not in love but I do like this dress. The flower(?) detail brings drama to the dress. Plus those diamonds complement the dress.
Jane Krakowski- She looks amazing! This dress is tight enough to highlight the bump but that isn’t the only thing you look it. I love the shiny material and the bedazzling near the neckline. The asymmetrical works for her and I like that she isn’t wearing a gown. Plus the nude heels elongate her (assumingly) swollen legs. She’s one hot mama!
Clair Danes- I actually like this print and color. The ruffles on the bust give it a girley touch and the print complements her skin. I am not a fan of her hair or lipstick. I think she should of done a nude lip and added maybe a braid or waves to her hair. I like the belt but it wouldn’t hang off, looks sloppy.
Susan Sarandon- The hair is a hot mess and looks like an over hair sprayed prom style. I love this dress though. It’s simple and elegant but has some cleavage to add some va-va-voom. If this was on someone younger I think a statement necklace would of jazzed it up even more.
Rosario Dawson- I really love this color on her! This yellow looks amazing on her darker tone. I really love the emerald green earrings along with the gold bangles. The dress is a tad casual put she pulls it off.
Julia Stiles- I really like her jewelry, hair, and top of the gown. The bottom is this faded look whichI don’t like. This fading doesn’t work for me especially because it is only in the front and there is to much white. It should of gradually faded so the white was only trailing along the edge. Half of her looks hot the other half is not.
Eva Longoria- Mr. Parker may want his now ex-wife back after this! She looks gorgeous in this dress and I like how low cut it is without showing off the goods to much. It is very Greek Goddess. To amp this up I think she needs to be a bit more sun kissed and the makeup looks to white.
Kate Mara- Apparently she forget which dress she wanted to wear. She has the bandaged dress on top and then a ruffled mermaid skirt on the bottom. Plus the headband makes her like childish and the outfit even more dismal. This is an atomic bomb!
Ernest Borgine- I like the top of the dress but not the bottom. The sea green bottom start off with the belt with crystals in it and the design on the side. The bottom is a cheap prom dress with to many details. On top she looks regal and sophisticated. From the belt down she needs to get rid of but the top should stay!
2011 red carpet SAG Awards are over. Some people looked to die for while others should of stayed home!
-xo Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment