What is your favorite summer style?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 Oscar Red Carpet!

Hello!
This past weekend was the Oscar's! Another red carpet and another group of gorgeous dresses. This weekend Angie's leg and Jlo's nip slip were the talk of the night.

Best-
Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab with Jacob & Co jewels. Milla is my best dressed of the night with her old Hollywood glam. The one shoulder beaded gown is to die for. The beading gives her the glam look and the white is on trend for the carpet. The side-swept do is perfect along with the red lip.

Angelina Jolie in a custom-made Versace with Neil Lane jewels. Even though I hate velvet I am loving this dress. The high slit an asymmetrical neckline are gorg. Plus that leg gives you the 'don't mess with me' and 'I know I am hot' look. That leg has even made (inter?)national headlines!

Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford. My Twitter newsfeed blew up with tweets about this dress. I agree with my fellow twitterer's, love! The dress is so simple but she pulls it off so well and makes it look glam. White is the hot color and she proved it on the carpet. I personally love the cape and it is unexpected since barely anyone wears them.

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton with Forevermark jewelry. I love this dress on her. It has a lot of different features to it with the extra skirt, waves of layers on the skirt, and the different ways the fabric is layered. The dress is dynamic and unique. Personally, love the pixie cut on her and the bow on her hip. It's all quirky and unique but she makes it her own.

Cameron Diaz in Gucci with Tiffany & Co. jewelry. This dress is simple at the top but the bottom is full of drama. The varied colors, strips of fabric, and sparkles it makes it standout. I wish she had a more statement necklace to make the top pop. Lovin' her short hair here!

Rooney Mara in Givenchy. Another star stepping out in white! This dress is dynamic and interesting. The back is striking along with the cups on her boobs. I am not a fan of the hair but it is her signature look. She is quirky and this dress fits her personality.

Stacy Keibler in Marchesa with Lorraine Schwartz jewels. Well, we no why George Clooney is with her! She looks great in this gold gown. The one shoulder, draping, and flower draped on her hip are perfect. She may be his plus one but she shined in gold.

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji with Neil Lane jewels. She is looking fab! The creme color looks great against he darker skin. I love how the crystals are placed. The heaviness in the center and then scattering out gives her body a great shape.

Melissa McCarthy in Marina Rinaldi with Brian Atwood shoes and clutch. Melissa isn't a size zero but she knows her to dress for her body. The draping across the bust and bottom help with the illusion to make her seem smaller. Also, the appliqué at the waist synchs her in to give her a nice shape. Then the appliqué on the neckline gives her a glam look. She's rocking it for her body type!

Almost, but not quite-
Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. I am mixed on this dress. I liked the cutouts in the arm and the deep v-neck. Also, I like how the stripes are placed to highlight her curves. However, I am not fan of the birds nest on her head and I think a soft updo or curls would be better suited. Along with that the possible nip-sip is never a good thing. Her boobs look suffocated and squished.

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli with Louis Vuitton jewels. I love this dress. The neck with the bow brings the drama and the way it is draped on her is perfect. The only thing I don't like about this look is her hair. It feels to severe for this look. I think a softer updo would of made the look perfect.

Shailene Woodley in Valentino with Harry Winston jewels. Another celeb working white on the carpet! I feel as though this dress is to old for Shailene. She is young and has a great body and need to show it off. Her entire body is covered and there isn't much sex appeal to this dress. Also, I feel as though the arms are a bit large for her and don't fit her right.

Sandra Bullock in Marchesa. This color block dress with the appliqué is pretty. I like the dress but I feel like there's something off. I wish the top was more fitted since she has a great body. Also, the appliqué is a bit heavy and draws attention to her midsection. She probably has washboard abs but no women wants attention to that area.

 Kate Mara. I like this dress but don't live it. I like the belt and the top. The bottom flower applique is to heavy and I wish they just kept with the plain beading. I am not a fan of the one shoulder look. I feel as though it is to low and loose. It looks like her strap fell which makes the look seem messy.

Worst-
Leila Hatami. This is the worst dressed of the night! It looks as though she was the bride to a catholic wedding or a nun getting married even though I don't believe that's possible. This white reminds me of a wedding gown especially with the lace. Then she has the cloth or possible headpiece. It looks like it was a last minute touch to the outfit. Kill two birds with one stone, go to the Oscars and get married!

Wendi Murdoch. I feel as though I have seen this dress but years ago. It reminds me of a style seen in the 2000's. The velvet skirt with the silk draping the appliqué. There is just to much going on for one dress. Along with that she has a hot pink handbag! I'm all for a pop of color but this is an awkward pop.

Virginia Madsen. This gown is a mix of a prom dress and mother of the bride. The fabric looks a bit cheap and the color is so bright. She is older and this dress doesn't fit for her age. I feel like the fabric is bunching around her midsection and draws unnecessary attention.

Berenice Bejo in Elie Saab. I am not a fan of this dress on her. I feel like the mint green color is to light for her and washes her out. I feel like the dress blends into her instead of her working the dress. The tight updo is not working for this look and makes her face look to tight. 

Missi Pyle in Valentina Felfino with Chopard jewelry. This look seems as though it is made for a beauty pageant. The color is so bright and the appliqué on the hip is out of place. I think she made the wrong turn on the way to Miss USA.

Busy Phillips in Dolce & Gabbana. This dress doesn't seem high fashion enough for this event. The lace fabric is rushed into the center. I feel as though this dress is a bit short and I don't like the fact that you can see her shoes without her posing. Her shoes are hot pink but her earrings are shades of blue. I don't see how this look is cohesive and isn't styled well.

Melissa Leo in Reem Acra. I am not loving the dress and feel as though it looks a bit dowdy. The silk belt seemed misplaced and cheap. I don't like the cold sequins on top. I feel as though if the look was all black it would look much better. It seems like there is two looks in one dress.

Natalie Portman in Dior with Harry Winston jewelry. I love Natalie and she is always so fashion forward. This time, she totally failed. I hate this polka-dot creation and doesn't fit anything I have seen her in before. Also, it isn't glam enough for the Oscars. She knows how to work it but she missed the mark with this. I do like the necklace though.

No comments:

Post a Comment