What is your favorite summer style?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012 Grammy Awards!

Hello!
This past weekend was the Grammy Awards. Yet another awards show to obsess over what the celebs are wearing on the carpet. Let's see what the stars strutted in this weekend! This carpet was filled with many celebs rocking simplistic dresses and the BD was a hit. Unfortunately, many celebs missed the mark at this awards show and ended up on the worst dressed!

The Favs!
Rihanna in a custom Giorgio Armani with Neil Lane jewels. On the carpet, Riri works unique outfits. Today, she worked a sexy BD with a plunging neckline and thigh high slit. This is more tamed down then her usual getup. At first, I was upset she didn't push the envelope but she looks fab so I can't be mad. She is one of the best dressed of the night!

Alicia Keys in Alexandre Vauthier. Alicia is rocking her BD. I love the volume with her shoulder pads. The oversized, gold necklace looks almost like a collar. I am loving this look even if it is simple. She adds volume and the oversized necklace to create drama.

Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney. Another star shining in a BD! I love her gold belt in contrast with the black. Also, the cutouts are totally sexy. Her slicked back hair just makes the look sleek and gives the look of "I know I'm rocking this without even trying".

Adele in Armani. Adele is rocking this shiny black dress. Even though she is completely covered up she still looks sexy and the red lip is perfect. She doesn't have a size 0 figure but she still knows how to dress for her figure. She is just so timeless, love her!

Paris Hilton in Basil Soda. The white looks lovely on her tan (slightly orange) skin and the gold really makes it stand out. I really love the applique all throughout it and the belt to match.


Rosie and Sophie Grace. I love these two little girls are adorable and I want to steal them. They went to the Grammy's for Ellen as per the insciption across their chest. They are known for their crowns and tutu's. They kept with the traditions and looked adorable! They remind me of little Sleeping Beauties.

Almost, but not quite!
Taylor Swift in Zuhair Murad. This is the dress that I wasn't sure if I liked or not. The dress is very pretty and I love the cutout on the top. However, I feel as though Taylor always wears glitzy dresses and I want her to push the envelope more.

Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward. This dress is decent. I like the sparkly material but the draping on the skirt is a bit heavy. Also, I am not a fan of the fabric on the shoulder. I think what is really throwing me off is her hair color. The hair color just doesn't work with the gold color of the dress.

Carrie Underwood in Gomez-Garcia. I want to love this dress but the dress overshadows Carrie. The dress is wearing her and the color just pops to much and doesn't match with her skin. Her hair and makeup look gorg tho!

Kelly Rowland in Alberta Ferretti. I like the color on Kelly and I don't even mind the applique. However, the mesh on top reminds me of a skating dress. If it was a strapless dress it would be more flattering and feminine.

The Worst!
Robyn. This is my worst dressed of the night. The top looks like a Hayne's t-shirt. The skirt is half finished and was described as a "mullet". Plus the shiny material only adds to the horror. An another note she is wearing Timberland platforms. These workboots are not appropriate for the carpet unless you are a construction worker making the set.

Nadeea. This reminds me of something a showgirl would wear. I love bedazzled outfits but is to much. The bra top, see through mesh, and tiny skirt are trashy. It's just to much show girl and not enough fashion. On another note, Victoria Secret called and wanted their fantasy bra back.


Mayra Veronica. This dress reminds me of a rainbow constellation. There is so much texture and color it is overwhelming. It's almost like she is a pinnate and I'm wondering if her dress will pour out candy. This dress would not work for anyone, except maybe as a flag or child's play.


Sasha Gradiva. This has to be the weirdest outfit on the carpet. She looks like she's going to prom but then turned into the terminator! She has the pale pink dress with rushed top. Then she has the guns (literally) on her one arm. #confused 

Nicki Minaj in a Red Riding Hood Versace cape. The pope and the Red Riding Hood look is confusing. I don't get the look or concept. Nicki has always pushed the envelope but bringing a pope with you is a new step. The face embroidery on the front and the red cape are to much. Next time, either push the envelope or be normal.

Cyndi Lauper. This is just the hot mess! There's a lot going on with this. It looks like she is wearing a blazer with a floor length skirt. Underneath is some lacy lingerie that is peaking out. You can even see it showing from the thigh-high slit. Along with that, her hair has black pieces in it. Oi vey!

Snooki in a Bebe dress. Oh Snooki, you're on the red carpet, not a club at the Jersey Shore. There is just to much going on with the outfit. From the leopard print on the dress, wrist full of bracelets, red hair pieces, and headband/ bow. The outfit is just to overwhelming. Take out the red and keep the accessories to a minimum.

Fergie in Jean Paul Haultier. I applaud Fergie for pushing the envelope in this completely lace number and the bright orange number. However, when I can see the color of your undergarments and know that you have granny panties on there is a problem. 

Katy Perry in Elie Saab. I know that she is going through a divorce but Katy looks very blue (pun intended). The hair and the dress, it's all just so blue. Her poor boobs look like they are going to poke right through the dress. Katy Perry usually pushes the limit and I feel as though her grandma would wear this.

Adam Levine and girlfriend Anne Vyaltisyna. Adam looks dapper as always. He is kind of hot. We all know his girlfriend is a model with a body. Her dress slit is so close you could probably tell if she got a bikini wax. If she actually had an appropriate skirt on then this LBD would't be on the Worst dressed.

Love, Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment