What is your favorite summer style?

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I am thankful for: fashion edition!

Hello and happy Thanksgiving!!
Today is a day to spend with family and be thankful for all that you have. Of course, I am thankful for my friends, job, health and family. But being a 'fashionista' I am also thankful for killer fashion. Fashion is an expression of who we are but it can also make us feel good about ourselves. For this Thanksgiving I can add these things to my list of what I'm thankful for.
* A killer pair of heels. As the saying goes, "the higher the heel, the closer you are to heaven". I am a personal fan of heels, no matter how much pain I am in. There is something quite sexy about those few extra inches and the arch of your heel. Never mined, how they tone your calves and make your booty look ah-ma-zing (three syllables necessary).
* The perfect LBD. A black dress is a staple and will NEVER go out of style. You can dress it up with jewelry, down with a sweater, or edge it up with a motorcycle jacket. You will get wear out of this piece because it is so versatile. Plus, black makes you look skinnier!
* A statement piece. Every girl needs a statement piece of jewelry whether it be a necklace, ring, or earrings. They can make an outfit pop, draw attention to a certain body part, or adds to a simple outfit. Best part, you can find statement pieces in a range of prices.
* A timeless piece of jewelry. For me, this is my Tiffany necklace that has a heart saying "dream a little dream" and an ice skate charm. This piece I have worn almost every day and if I ever lost it I would probably cry. Every girl needs a piece that they can't leave the house without or has a special meaning behind it.
* The bag that holds everything. Being a city girl and bag lady, I need a bag that holds everything from my cell phone to my laptop. You need a bag that can hold all of it without breaking and is still stylish. This is a bigger challenge then it seems so when you find the perfect bag it is a miracle.
* The most comfortable pair of sweats. Yes, I know sweats aren't a fashion statement. However, everyone needs comfortable clothes. If I'm not going out, I stay in my yogas or sweats, no exceptions. I stole a pair of my brothers sweats and I wear them constantly! For the times you don't need to dress up, one may as well be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment