What is your favorite summer style?

Friday, May 31, 2013

Lexi Likes: Fashion for June

Hello Fashionista's!
I'm sorry my fashion updates have been lacking. Between work, coaching, & school, I have not had much time. However, my first semester is finally over and I did extremely well *yay*. Now that school is over, I want to focus some of my creative energy back into writing. I came up with a new concept to do a fashion board of what I am loving for each month. This inspiration actually came from a school project where we had to create a new magazine concept. My lips are sealed on what I designed ;). Who knows, maybe my plan can actually become a reality.


CHIC-
1) One can NEVER go wrong with a blazer! I think everyone should own multiple blazers. With the summer months creeping up, I like to add a pop of color to my blazer to keep it festive. Black can be boring & a color mixes it up.
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/358002/1246509/SINGLE+BUTTON+BLAZER
2) Peplum tops have to be one of my favorite trends. They hide my 'pooch' (or extra stomach) & give any body a nice shape. The leather w/ the knit sides will slim you down as well.
3) I have always noticed that whenever I wear red, guys eyes start to wander! Add the cutouts in the front & back, you'll have the boys drooling. This dress features the lazer etching which has been huge this season as well.
EDGY-
5) I love my motorcycle jackets & can literally pair it with anything. In the summer, black jackets can seem to heavy & the white gives it a fresher feel. Plus, winter whites are a huge trend to transform this jacket from summer to winter.
6) Showing off your toned stomach is the must have for summer 2013 & the crop top is back! I mean if you have a six pack then sure, go show off to everyone. If you are a normal human being (like myself), wearing a high waisted shorts/ skirt makes this trend actually doable.
http://www.nastygal.com/clothes%5Ftops%5Fbustiers%2Dbodysuits/under%2Dwraps%2Dbustier%2Dblack
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/358002/1110526/BIKER+JACKET+WITH+BUCKLES
7) This looks like a plain maxi but turn around and bam, *red carpet moment, bum to the photogs, look at this dress* moment. Open backs are the epidemy of sexiness & this even has a bit of side boob going on. Wear it as a beach coverup or a statement necklace for a night out.
http://www.tobi.com/product/50723-tobi-all-twisted-maxi-dress?color_id=68085
8) I have almost the exact same skirt from Asos & I constantly wear mine. We transferred from the leather looks of winter to the wet leather for the warmer months. This is the trend piece. Pair with a jean shirt or a white t-shirt for a killer outfit.
BOHO-
9) Jean jackets have made a comeback over the last few months. I love this Topshop acid wash jean jacket as it reminds me of the 90's. Pair it with a dress or wear it as outerwear. Either way, you'll get your moneys worth with this piece.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/topshop-moto-sylvie-acid-wash-denim-jacket/3525246?origin=keywordsearch
10) Chambray shirts made a huge statement this winter underneath a sweater. However, I still want to keep rocking mine!! Pair it with colored shorts or a leather skirt for an awesome outfit.
http://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/CHAMBRAY/PRDOVR~39261/39261.jsp
11) To say that I am obsessed with maxi's for the summer is an understatement. I am not usually a fan of prints but these multicolor remind me of watercolors & art. This dress is super cool & can be accessorized in so many ways.
http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=662479002
12) Recently, I tried on a pair of my brothers distressed jeans & wanted to A) cry with joy that they fit (he's a twig) & B) they looked fab! Guys wear jeans in the right way & they are always perfectly distressed. Now, if only they sold boyfriends with these jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment